What is a hot tub Zorbie? How do you get rid of oils in the hot tub?
Over the years I've heard all sorts of different stories about people's hot tub water. One of the most common issues is a yellow-ish scum line around the hot tub. These scum lines are always oil based; it's from oil that enters the hot tub on a bather's skin usually in the form of a body lotion. I hear about this a lot in the summer time, especially from families with kids.
Now, if you've read our post 5 easy tips to keep your hot tub clean, you'll already know that getting everyone to shower before entering the hot tub is the best way to prevent any water quality issues. But if then, a scum line can still appear. No one likes a scum line in the hot tub, so what can you do about it? Meet the Zorbie:
The Zorbie Hot Tub Water Bobble is a great way to keep the surface of your spa water clean:
- The Zorbie floats on the surface of the water and absorbs body & suntan oils to keep the surface of your hot tub water fresh and clear.
- This product truly works and does help reduce the scum line in your hot tub.
- Zorbie is a unique product, it's made by mixing components in a proprietary formula. The components used have an innate negative electrostatic charge that draws in oil and other nasty stuff.
- Most people put it in their skimmer. It also has a string so you can tie it in place. As it floats, bobbing on the water, it will soak up oils.
- Replace the Zorbie every 3 months to keep your water looking fresh!